Thursday, October 11, 2007

SASEE! MAGAZINE: CHERIE BENDER THE COVER ARTIST FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER


"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" is one of my favorite fantasy paintings influenced by a Winter sojourn to London, England two years ago. In the painting, the fairy in the winter garden looks up at the tiny dragon, and invites him to play with her. She holds a deco ball, which is turquoise, as is her chiffon gown. Turquoise is the color for the heart center and healing. The flowers are pansies, my very favorite fall and winter flowers.

My art has many dimensions, from large wall murals to fine art paintings and comminssioned works. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" is very close to my heart. I create these fantasies purely for the joy of painting. I have been an artist since childhood and grew up in Edinburgh, Scotland, I attended Art Center in California and recieved my BFA from the University of Miami.

The turn of the century to the twenties is my favorite time and allthough I do not limit my style, I interpret Art Deco Expression in a modern feminine voice with an understanding of spirituality, beauty and positive vision for today's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment