Monday, November 19, 2007

WOMAN UNCHAINED! MARILYN IN PUCCI as part of the REBEL series


In this world without quiet corners, there can be no easy escapes...
from hullabaloo, from terrible, unquiet fuss.
- SALMAN RUSHDIE

I love that quote! It applies to this Monday's frantic feeling......

Reading has always been a great escape from the world for me. I just so love Marilyn reading and talking on the telephone in her Pucci mirror blouse. She made this blouse famous throughout the whole world. In this first drawing I start my series of "WOMAN UNCHAINED" I have the canvas picked out and it fits perfectly. I still will decide about the pucci panels and how the painting fits with the decorative panels I have been doing lately.

Marilyn also made it cool to wear spectacles and to read literature. People forget that about her. Part of what this painting is about is her feminity, beauty and sexiness combined with a natural and innocent quality of curiosity and playfullness.Visit My Website

No comments:

Post a Comment